What We Treat
Acupuncture is a wellness-based practice that has been in use for more than 2,500 years. It is a safe, gentle, drug-free therapy that can be used to heal disease and imbalances in the body. Acupuncture treats individuals holistically: it focuses on all aspects of a person’s body, mind and spirit to achieve the individual’s highest potential for health. Acupuncture has a long history of use for the prevention of disease in individuals who wish to maintain their wellness. Many illnesses, from colds to cancer, can be prevented with periodic acupuncture treatments, and prevention remains a major use of acupuncture today. It’s an excellent strategy for staying well. In addition to its preventative role, acupuncture is highly effective at treating numerous diseases and disorders, including many difficult and frustrating conditions that do not respond adequately to Western medical treatments. Acupuncture is recognized by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the World Health Organization (WHO) as effective in treating dozens of conditions, including:
- Disorders of the bones, muscles and joints, such as osteoarthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, wrist pain, tennis elbow, shoulder pain, neck and low back pain, and hip and knee arthritis.
- Disorders of the nervous system, such as migraine headaches, neuralgia, sciatica, dizziness, facial palsy, tics and trigeminal neuralgia.
- Circulatory disorders, such as hypertension, angina pectoris, arteriosclerosis and anemia.
- Respiratory disorders, such as emphysema, sinusitis, asthma, allergies, bronchitis and pneumonia.
- Gastrointestinal disorders such as food allergies, peptic ulcer, chronic diarrhea, constipation, indigestion, gastrointestinal weakness, colitis, irritable bowel syndrome and gastritis.
- Urogenital disorders, including stress incontinence, urinary tract infections and sexual dysfunction.
- Gynecological disorders, such as infertility in both women and men, irregular, heavy or painful menstruation, premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and menopausal symptoms.
- Emotional and psychological disorders, including depression and anxiety.
- Sleep disturbances.
- Addictions, such as alcohol, nicotine and drugs.
- Eye, ear, nose and throat disorders.
- Supportive therapy for many other chronic and painful debilitating disorders.
We also offer Facial Rejuvenation acupuncture for those who seek to turn back the hands of time in a natural and surgery-free way. For additional detail on the conditions that acupuncture can address, a downloadable fact sheet is available by clicking here.
If you have questions about whether acupuncture would be suitable for your situation or condition, please feel free to contact us or call (513) 373-5021 for a free phone consultation.